Moving to the new joint, and with the project and life change fresh, decided to do a once over of all things coming into the new house and what to do to create and environment that helped my weak self to stay on task. Then I noticed something that correlated with my course on Environmental Geography and a film we viewed on the battle of plastic bags in our culture and society: I have a hell of a lot of plastic bags. I had stated in a posting for the class my reuse of these bags, but damn! They came in handy quite a bit, but now are all filled with holes and unusable. By the looks of my new street, no matter what I do with them, they'll end up dumped here along with used condoms, empty Milwaukee Best cans and flyers for rap artists. What a bad crowd for them to run in.
I did have one bag from Aldis. A bag made of recycled cloth materials. Apparently it came from my grandmother, and as I looked, I decided to use it for my library of books in the move. IMMEDIATELY, I went to Aldis for groceries at the new joint and bought three more. They carried so much weight, and then, I used them again. Thanks Aldis!
My new life choice: any store that offers these little nuggets, for a minimal fee, will garner my business in said product. I noticed Wal-Mart carried them, and even some mall affiliates. Our own bookstore on campus has them as well. DO IT! These things are incredible, can be hung behind a door and are multi use. $3-$5 is not a lot to spend to be able to use it every time you go back. Its stellar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment