In my search for answers on the job front, I ran into interesting discussions on the recycle programs available. Interesting enough, my company (to remain nameless), had no program in place. The answer to questions regarding a program, brought up by a fellow employee named Kathy, was that it was unavailable to us and that the city did not offer it in that area (downtown). Kathy actually began taking recycles into a location by her own automobile. "I was told it wasn't available, " she states, "but after a few weeks, found the container on the property. Very odd."
Odd indeed Kathy. This was the same answer for our question regarding another of our buildings on the North side of Milwaukee. All the debris, including cardboard and plastics, had a dumpster but was picked up and loaded into the same truck. Recycle bins were throughout the facility, but it was all going to the same place. " Its just not available in this area" was my answer, but why the dumpster and containers? More on this to come.
A flipside is a town called Quincy, IL. I grew up around there and my daughter and I spend every other weekend there. I do not remember them NOT having a recycle program, as they go into there 25th year of seperating, and providing recycling, including a seperate facility in the grounds of the main dump site, 20 miles or so on the road. Maybe they have something there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment